Thursday, July 10, 2008

Australia - Perth, Melbourne & Sydney


I recently visited 3 cities in Australia, namely Perth, Melbourne, Sydney in one week for business review meetings with clients. It was tiring to be hopping from one airport to the other and working late at night but had a chance to snap some shots to capture some views of the cities.

Perth - It is a laid-back city in Western Australia with low population and one would enjoy the great seafood, fresh air and nice landscape. I walked around the city on a Sunday and shops are closed on Sunday as the people here have good quality of life :-) King's Park is beautiful and one must not miss it if you go to Perth. Not many cars on the road and quietness is one of those things you'd notice in this city. I have a special feeling about this place that I might want to live here some day.

Melbourne - I had lived for a year in Melbourne 11 years ago and things have changed a lot since but this trip brought back some nice memories for me. Didn't have much time to go around, whole day was spent in meetings and I only stayed there for a one night.

Sydney - I was fortunate enough to have a great friend who brought me around the city. Besides the usual Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, Sydney Opera House and Macquarie Chair, what is worth mentioning and fascinated me is the Gap. The view overlooking the pacific ocean is simply awesome. The drive is also enjoyable as the beautiful houses in the neighbourhood which belongs to the rich men's area. The sad thing is people jump off the cliff there to commit suicide in that area, you'll see flowers being offered there to the dead. Maybe they all wanted to die in this beautiful place.

Here are some few shots during the rush trip but I hope you enjoy them.

No comments: